- Ames, C. (1992). "Achievement goals and the classroom motivational climate." Student perceptions in the classroom: 327-348.
- Aghdasi, M., Heyrani, A., Vazinitaher, A., & Rahmani, M. (2012). The Relation of Perceived Motivational Climate with Anxiety and Self-esteem in Elite and Non-elite Athletes of Team Sports. Journal of Sport Psychology Studies, 2, 1-14.
- Davis, M. (2012). "An examination of motivational, goal achievement, and sport commitment differences in youth team and individual tennis populations.
- Duda, J. L. (2001). "Achievement goal research in sport: Pushing the boundaries and clarifying some misunderstandings." Advances in motivation in sport and exercise 129: 182.
- Duda, J. L. and H. Hom (1993). "Interdependencies between the perceived and self-reported goal orientations of young athletes and their parents." Pediatric Exercise Science 5: 234-234.
- Duda, J. L. and J. G. Nicholls (1992). "Dimensions of achievement motivation in schoolwork and sport." Journal of educational psychology 84(3): 290.
- Gill, D. L. (1988). "Gender differences in competitive orientation and sport participation." International Journal of Sport Psychology.
- Gómez-López, M., et al. (2014). "Goal orientation effects on elite handball players motivation and motivational climate." Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences 132: 434-440.
- Harwood, C. G., et al. (2015). "A systematic review of the intrapersonal correlates of motivational climate perceptions in sport and physical activity." Psychology of Sport and Exercise 18: 9-25.
- Jaakkola, T., et al. (2015). "Motivational climate, goal orientation, perceived sport ability, and enjoyment within Finnish junior ice hockey players." Scandinavian journal of medicine & science in sports.
- Keller, D., et al. (1993). "The relationship between goal orientation and perceived purposes of sport among youth sport participants." Manuscript submitted for publication.
- Newton, M., et al. (2000). "Examination of the psychometric properties of the Perceived Motivational Climate in Sport Questionnaire-2 in a sample of female athletes." Journal of Sports Sciences 18(4): 275-290.
- Nicholls, J. G. (1989). The competitive ethos and democratic education, Harvard University Press.
- Petherick, C. and D. Weigand (2002). "The relationship of dispositional goal orientations and perceived motivational climates on indices of motivation in male and female swimmers." International Journal of Sport Psychology 33(2): 218-237.
- Ryan, R. M. and E. L. Deci (2000). "Self-determination theory and the facilitation of intrinsic motivation, social development, and well-being." American psychologist 55(1): 68.
- Tahmasebi, S., Shahbazi, M., & Salehi, k. (2013). Study the validity and reliability of perceived motivational climate in sportquestionnaire-2 (PMCSQ-2) for Iranian athletes. Journal of Research in Sport Management and motor behavior, 6 (22), 45-29.
- VaezMousavi, M., & Mosayebi, Fathollah. (2008). Sports Psychology (Third ed.). Tehran: Samt.
- Williams, G. C,et al. (1994). "Medical students’ motivation for internal medicine." Journal of General Internal Medicine 9(6): 327-333.