- Abasrashid, Nadia., VaezMousavi, Mohammad Kazem., Kashi, Ali. (2018). Investigating sport participation among adolescents of Tehran based on competence motivation theory. PhD Thesis. In Persian
- Brunet, J., Catherine, M., Sabiston, C., Michael, T.A., O’Loughlin, B.E., Low. N., O’Loughlin, J. (2013). The association between past and current physical activity and depressive symptoms in young adults: a 10-year prospective study. Annals of Epidemiology, 23; Pp: 25-30.
- Emami, S., Heydar Nezhad, S., Shafieniya, P. (2013). Analysis of the motivational factors of students' participation in university sports activities. Journal of Research in academic sport, 5; Pp: 81-96. In Persian
- Eslami Marzankalateh, M, M., Mousavi, J., Khoshfar, GH. (2014). The relationship between social capital and women's participation in sport activities. Journal of Social Capital Management, 1(2); Pp: 139-159. In Persian
- Ewing, M. E., & Seefeldt, V. (1988). Participation and attrition patterns in American agency-sponsored and interscholastic sports. Report presented to the Athletic Footwear Council of the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association.
- Farholm, A., Sørensen, M., Halvari, H., & Hynnekleiv, T. (2017). Associations between physical activity and motivation, competence, functioning, and apathy in inhabitants with mental illness from a rural municipality: a cross-sectional study. BMC psychiatry, 17(1); Pp: 1-11.
- Forsman, H., Gråstén, A., Blomqvist, M., Davids, K., Liukkonen, J., & Konttinen, N. (2016). Development of perceived competence, tactical skills, motivation, technical skills, and speed and agility in young soccer players. Journal of sports sciences, 34(14); Pp: 1311-1318.
- Fredricks, J. A., & Eccles, J. S. (2004). Parental Influences on Youth Involvement in Sports. In M. R. Weiss (Ed.), Developmental sport and exercise psychology: A lifespan perspective; Pp: 145–164.
- Gould, D., & Petlichkoff, L. (1988). Participation motivation and attrition in young athletes. Children in sport, 3; Pp:161-178.
- Guay, F., Roy, A., & Valois, P. (2017). Teacher structure as a predictor of students’ perceived competence and autonomous motivation: The moderating role of differentiated instruction. British Journal of Educational Psychology, 87(2); Pp: 224-240.
- Harter, S. (1992). The relationship between perceived competence, affect, and motivational orientation within the classroom: Processes and patterns of change. Achievement and motivation: A social-developmental perspective, 2; Pp:77-114.
- Hawkins, S. A., Cockburn, M. G., Hamilton, A. S., & Mack, T. M. (2004). An estimate of physical activity prevalence in a large population-based cohort. Medicine and science in sports and exercise, 36(2); Pp: 253-260.
- Hemayattalab, F. Bagherzadeh, D. Homyanian, J. Afshari, (2014). Identification, Prioritization and classification the factors affecting sport participation of young people in Tehran by using hierarchical snalysis group, Journal of Psychological Sciences, 13(49); Pp: 3-7. In Persian
- Hom Jr, H. L., Duda, J. L., & Miller, A. (1993). Correlates of goal orientations among young athletes. Pediatric Exercise Science, 5(2); Pp: 168-176.
- Jones, M. V., Lane, A. M., Bray, S. R., Uphill, M., & Catlin, J. (2005). Development and validation of the sport emotion questionnaire. Journal of Sports and Exercise Psychology, 27; Pp: 407-43
- Khodaverdi, F., & Bahram, A. (2015). Relationship between motor skill competence and physical activity in girls. Annals of Applied Sport Science, 3(2); Pp; 43-50. In Persian
- Klint, K. A., & Weiss, M. R. (1987). Perceived competence and motives for participating in youth sports: A test of Harter's competence motivation theory. Journal of sport Psychology, 9(1); Pp: 55-65.
- Martens, M. P., & Webber, S. N. (2002). Psychometric properties of the Sport Motivation Scale: An evaluation with college varsity athletes from the US. Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology, 24(3); Pp: 254-270.
- McMahon, E. M., Corcoran, P., O’Regan, G., Keeley, H., Cannon, M., Carli, V.& Balazs, J. (2017). Physical activity in European adolescents and associations with anxiety, depression and well-being. European child & adolescent psychiatry, 26(1); Pp: 111-122.
- Shahim, S. (2004). Self-perception of competence by Iranian children. Psychological reports, 94(3); Pp: 872-876. In Persian
- Sirard, J. R., Pfeiffer, K. A., & Pate, R. R. (2006). Motivational factors associated with sports program participation in middle school students. Journal of Adolescent Health, 38(6); Pp: 696-703.
- Vella, S. A., Cliff, D. P., & Okely, A. D. (2014). Socio-ecological predictors of participation and dropout in organized sports during childhood. International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity, 11(1); Pp 62-66.
- Wagner, A., Klein-Platat, C., Arveiler, D., Haan, M. C., Schlienger, J. L., & Simon, C. (2004). Parent-child physical activity relationships in 12-year-old French students do not depend on family socioeconomic status. Diabetes & metabolism, 30(4); Pp: 359-366.
- Weinberg, R. S., & Gould, D. (2014). Foundations of Sport and Exercise Psychology. Mohamad Kazem VaezMousavi, Ali Hojati, Naj,eh RezaSpltani, Milad Esmaili, Reyhaneh Rahdarbeyg. (2014). 1E. Hatmi.
- Yang, X. L., Telama, R., & Laakso, L. (1996). Parents' physical activity, socioeconomic status and education as predictors of physical activity and sport among children and youths-A 12-year follow-up study. International review for the sociology of sport, 31(3); Pp: 273-291.
Zou, J., Liu, Q., & Yang, Z. (2012). Development of a Moodle course for schoolchildren’s table tennis learning based on Competence Motivation Theory: Its effectiveness in comparison to traditional training method. Computers & Education, 59(2); Pp: 294-303.