1. Afsanepurak, S. A., Vaez Mousavi, S. (2014). Reliability and validity of Persian version of mental toughness Questionnaire (MTQ-48). Journal of Sport Management & Behavior Movement,10 (19), 39-54.
2. Alipour, A., Ghadami, A., Alipour, Z., & Abdollahzadeh, H. (2020). Preliminary validation of the Corona Disease Anxiety Scale (CDAS) in the Iranian sample. Quarterly Journal of Health Psychology, 8(32), 163-75. In Persian
3. Ariapooran, S., & Godarzi, A. (2021). The Effectiveness of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction on Competitive Anxiety and Mental Toughness in Wrestler Adolescents. Sport Psychology Studies, 10(35),133-158. In Persian
4. Ariapooran, S., & Khezeli, M. (2021). Symptoms of anxiety disorders in Iranian adolescents with hearing loss during the COVID-19 pandemic. BMC psychiatry, 21(1), 1-5.
5. Bagheri Sheykhangafshe, F., Tajbakhsh, K., & Abolghasemi, A. (2020). Comparison of Covid-19 Anxiety, Coping Styles and Health Anxiety in Athletic and Non-Athletic Students. Sport Psychology Studies, 9(32), 283-306. In Persian
6. Bao, Y., Sun, Y., Meng, S., Shi, J., & Lu, L. (2020). 2019-nCoV epidemic: address mental health care to empower society. The Lancet, 395(10224), e37-e38.
7. Bekford, T. S., Poudwinge, M., Irving, R. R., & Golden, K. D. (2016). Mental Toughness and Coping Skills in Male Sprinters. Journal of Human Sport & Exercise, 11, 338- 347.
8. Bullard, J. B. (2020). The Impact of COVID-19 on the Well-Being of Division III Student-Athletes. The Sport Journal, 23(32),34-46.
9. Cadegiani, F., Lin, E. M., Goren, A., & Wambier, C. G. (2021). Potential risk for developing severe COVID-19 disease among anabolic steroid users. BMJ Case Reports CP, 14(2), e241572.
10. Cowden, R. (2017). Mental toughness and success in sport: A review and prospect. The Open Sports Science Journal, 10(1), 1- 14.
11. Chen, N., Zhou, M., Dong, X., Qu, J., Gong, F., Han, Y., & Zhang, L. (2020). Epidemiological and clinical characteristics of 99 cases of 2019 novel coronavirus pneumonia in Wuhan, China: a descriptive study. The lancet, 395(10223), 507-513.
12. Dubey, N., Podder, P., & Pandey, D. (2020). Knowledge of COVID-19 and its influence on Mindfulness, Cognitive Emotion Regulation and Psychological Flexibility in the Indian community. Frontiers in Psychology, 11, 589365.
13. Grobler, H., du Plooy, K., Kruger, P., & Ellis, S. (2021). The prevalence of common mental disorders and its relationship with mental toughness in professional South African rugby players. South African Journal of Psychology, 00812463211009422. first published online.
14. Gucciardi, D. F. (2017). Mental toughness: progress and prospects. Current Opinion in Psychology,16, 17–23.
15. Haghighi, M., & Gerber, M. (2019). Does mental toughness buffer the relationship between perceived stress, depression, burnout, anxiety, and sleep? International Journal of Stress Management, 26(3), 297
16. Hemayat Talab, R., Khabiri, M., & Zare, M. (2016). Psychometric properties of Persian version of Mindfulness Inventory for Sport (MIS). Sport Psychology Studies, 5(18), 63-80. In Persian
17. Hewett, Z. L., Ransdell, L. B., Gao, Y., Petlichkoff, L. M., & Lucas, S. (2011). An examination of the effectiveness of an 8-week bikram yoga program on mindfulness, perceived stress, and physical fitness. Journal of Exercise Science & Fitness, 9(2), 87-92.
18. Hossein, A. N. A. L. U. I. E., Faruque Mohd, R., Soumendra, S. A. H. A., & Muzaimi, M. (2016). Relationship between mental toughness and trait anxiety in sports. International Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences, 7(3), 275-281.
19. Huang, Y., & Zhao, N. (2020). Generalized anxiety disorder, depressive symptoms and sleep quality during COVID-19 outbreak in China: a web-based cross-sectional survey. Psychiatry research, 288, 112954.
20. Jannah, M., Halimatussa’diyah, L., Nabila, N., & Widohardhono, R. (2018). Anxiety and mental toughness among athlete students. Advances in Social Science, Education and Humanities Research, 212, 547-549.
21. Jones, M. I., & Parker, J. K. (2018). Mindfulness mediates the relationship between mental toughness and pain catastrophizing in cyclists. European journal of sport science, 18(6), 872-881.
22. Kabat- Zinn, J. (2013). Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain, and Illness. New York: Bantam Dell. ISBN 978-034553972.
23. Kalinin, R., Balázsi, R., Péntek, I., Duică, Ș., & Hanțiu, I. (2019). Relationship between competitive anxiety and mental toughness: a latent regression analysis. Health, Sports & Rehabilitation Medicine, 20(2), 70-74.
24. Karunamuni N, Weerasekera R (2019). Theoretical Foundations to Guide Mindfulness Meditation: A Path to Wisdom. Current Psychology, 38 (3), 627–646.
25. Kruger, E. (2018). Mental toughness is a predictor of suicidality in university students. Eductinal Health, 36, 42–47.
26. Kudlackova, K. (2011). The Relationship between Mental Toughness, Relaxation Activities, and Sleep in Athletes at Different Skill Levels. Electronic Theses, Treatises and Dissertations. Florida State University. Paper 2953.
27. Kumar, A., & Somani, A. (2020). Dealing with Corona virus anxiety and OCD. Asian Journal of Psychiatry, 51, 102053.
28. Liu, I. Q. (2020). The impact of COVID-19 pandemic on high performance secondary school student-athletes. The Sport Journal, 23(32), 1-21.
29. Luo, M., Guo, L., Yu, M., & Wang, H. (2020). The psychological and mental impact of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) on medical staff and general public–A systematic review and meta-analysis. Psychiatry research, 291, 113190.
30. Lyon, N., & Plisco, M. (2020). The Effects of Self-Compassion and Mindfulness on Performance Anxiety and Flow in Elite Athletes. Journal of Sport Behavior, 43(4), 426-441.
31. Mahbobijogan, M., Asgarigandomani, R., Eghbali, K., & khajeaflaton, S. (2020). Investigating the State of Emotional Fatigue and Social Phobia Caused by the Prevalence of Covid-19 Virus in Professional Athletes (Case Study: Track and Field). Sport Psychology Studies, 9(32), 267-282. In Persian
32. Meggs, J., Chen, M. A., & Koehn, S. (2019). Relationships between flow, mental toughness, and subjective performance perception in various triathletes. Perceptual and motor skills, 126(2), 241-252.
33. Mojtahedi, D., Dagnall, N., Denovan, A., Clough, P., Hull, S., Canning, D., & Papageorgiou, K. A. (2021). The Relationship Between Mental Toughness, Job Loss, and Mental Health Issues During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Frontiers in Psychiatry, 11, 607246.
34. Nakisa, N., Ghasemzadeh Rahbardar, M. (2021). Effect of the COVID-19 Detraining on Athletes’ Psychological Health. Asian Journal of Sports Medicine, 12(2),e106059.
35. Nugraha, D. Y., Salman, R. S., Pratama, B., Al Fayed, M. G., Ikhram, A., Bahrun, M. I., ... & Nurlifiana, S. (2020). The Mediating Effect of Motivation and Competitive Experience Variables on The Effect of Mental Toughness and Competitive Anxiety on Athletes. ACTIVE: Journal of Physical Education, Sport, Health and Recreation, 9(2), 122-130.
36. Pan, K. Y., Kok, A. A., Eikelenboom, M., Horsfall, M., Jörg, F., Luteijn, R. A., ... & Penninx, B. W. (2021). The mental health impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on people with and without depressive, anxiety, or obsessive-compulsive disorders: a longitudinal study of three Dutch case-control cohorts. The Lancet Psychiatry, 8(2), 121-129.
37. Riaz, M., Abid, M., & Bano, Z. (2021). Psychological problems in general population during covid-19 pandemic in Pakistan: role of cognitive emotion regulation. Annals of Medicine, 53(1), 189-196.
38. Ruffault, A., Bernier, M., Fournier, J., & Hauw, N. (2020). Anxiety and Motivation to Return to Sport During the French COVID-19 Lockdown. Frontiers in Psychology, 11, 3467.
39. Şenışık, S., Denerel, N., Köyağasıoğlu, O., & Tunç, S. (2021). The effect of isolation on athletes’ mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Physician and Sportsmedicine, 49(2),187-193.
40. Shahabi Kaseb, M. R., Askari Tabar, E. S., & Ayobzade, K. (2020). Analysis of Psychological Experiences of Iranian Elite Athletes in Home Quarantine Quaid-19: Phenomenological Study. Sport Psychology Studies, 9(32), 161-184. In Persian
41. Soares, L. L., Leite, L. B., Guilherme, L. Q., Rezende, L. M., Noce, F., & Pussieldi, G. (2021). Anxiety, sleep quality and mood in elite athletes during the COVID-19 pandemic: a preliminary study. The Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness. First Published Online.
42. Sprang, G., & Silman, M. (2013). Posttraumatic stress disorder in parents and youth after health-related disasters. Disaster medicine and public health preparedness, 7(1), 105-110.
43. Sun, S., Goldberg, S. B., Lin, D., Qiao, S., & Operario, D. (2021). Psychiatric symptoms, risk, and protective factors among university students in quarantine during the COVID-19 pandemic in China. Globalization and Health, 17(1), 1-14.
44. Taquet, M., Luciano, S., Geddes, J. R., & Harrison, P. J. (2021). Bidirectional associations between COVID-19 and psychiatric disorder: retrospective cohort studies of 62 354 COVID-19 cases in the USA. The Lancet Psychiatry, 8(2), 130-140.
45. Thienot, E., Jackson, B., Dimmock, J., Grove, J. R., Bernier, M., & Fournier, J. F. (2014). Development and preliminary validation of the mindfulness inventory for sport. Psychology of Sport and Exercise, 15(1), 72-80.
46. Uğraş, S., Sağın, A. E., Karabulut, Ö., & Özen, G. (2021). The relationship between college athletes' health literacy and COVID-19 anxiety levels. Physical education of students, 25(1), 36-42.
47. Vaughan, R. S., Edwards, E. J., & MacIntyre, T. E. (2020). Mental health measurement in a post Covid-19 world: psychometric properties and invariance of the DASS-21 in athletes and non-athletes. Frontiers in psychology, 11, 590559.
48. Walker, S. P. (2016). Mindfulness and mental toughness among provincial adolescent female hockey players. South African Journal of Sports Medicine, 28(2), 46-50.
49. Wang, C., Pan, R., Wan, X., Tan, Y., Xu, L., Ho, C. S., & Ho, R. C. (2020). Immediate psychological responses and associated factors during the initial stage of the 2019 coronavirus disease (COVID-19) epidemic among the general population in China. International journal of environmental research and public health, 17(5), 1729.
50. Wielgus, B., Urban, W., Patriak, A., & Cichocki, Ł. (2020). Examining the Associations between Psychological Flexibility, Mindfulness, Psychosomatic Functioning, and Anxiety during the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Path Analysis. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 17(23), 8764.
51. World Health Organization (2020). Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Situation Report – 82. Geneva: World Health Organization.
52. World Health Organization (2021). COVID-19 weekly epidemiological update, 27 March 2021.
53. Zandifar, A., & Badrfam, R. (2020). Iranian mental health during the COVID-19 epidemic. Asian Journal of Psychiatry, 51, 101990.
54. Zangrillo, A., Beretta, L., Silvani, P., Colombo, S., Scandroglio, A. M., Dell'Acqua, A., ... & Tresoldi, M. (2020). Fast reshaping of intensive care unit facilities in a large metropolitan hospital in Milan, Italy: facing the COVID-19 pandemic emergency. Critical Care and Resuscitation, 22(2), 91-94.
55. Zoob Carter, B. N., Boardley, I. D., & van de Ven, K. (2021). The Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Male Strength Athletes Who Use Non-Prescribed Anabolic-Androgenic Steroids. Frontiers in Psychiatry, 12, 305.