1. Agliata, D., & Tantleff- dunn, S. (2004). The Impact of Media Exposure on Males’ Body Image. Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology, 23(1), 2-7.
2. Ahern, A. L., Bennet, K. M., & Hetherington, M. M. (2008). Internalization of the ultra-thinideal: Positive implicit associations with underweight fashion models are associated with drive for thinness in young women. Eating Disorders, 16(4), 294–307.
3. Anstine, D., & Grinenko, D. (2000). Rapid screening for disordered eating in college-agedfemales in the primary care setting. Journal of Adolescent Health, 26(5), 338-342.
4. Arabnarmi, B. (2017). Discursive space of Iranian women's physical activity. Women in Development and Politics, 14(4), 477-491. In Persian
5. Barrett, S. C., & Huffman, F. G. (2011). Comparison of self-perceived weight and desired weight versus actual body mass index among adolescents in Jamaica. Rev Panam Salud Publica, 29(4), 267-276.
6. Bibiloni, M., Coll, J., Pich, J., Pons, A., & Tur, J. A. (2017). Body image satisfaction and weight concerns among a Mediterranean adult population. BMC Public Health, 17(1), 39-50.
7. Brener, N. D., Eaton, D. K., Lowry, R., & Mc Manus, T. (2004). The association between weight perceptionand BMI among high school students. Obesity Research, 12(11), 1866–1874.
8. Cash, T. F., & Pruzinsky, T. (2002). Body image: A handbook of theory, research, and clinical practice New York: Guilford Press.
9. Crocker, P. R. E., Sabiston, C. M., Forrestor, S., Kowalski, N., Kowalski, K. C., & McDonough, M. H. (2003). Predicting change in physical activity, dietary restraint, and physique anxiety in adolescent girls: Examining covariance in physical self-perceptions. Canadian Journal of Public Health, 94(5), 332-337.
10. Damasceno, V. O., Lima, J. R. P., Macedo Vianna, J., Vianna, V. R. A., & Novaes, J. S. (2005). Ideal physcial type and body image satisfation of regular walkers. Revista Brasileira de Medicina do Esporte, 11(3), 175-179.
11. Edwards, N. M., Pettingell, S., & Borowsky, I. W. (2010). Where perceptionmeets reality: self-perception of weight in overweight adolescents. Pediatrics, 125(3), 452-458.
12. Elgar, F. J., Roberts, C., Tudor-Smith, C., & Moore, L. (2005). Validity of self-reported height and weight and predictors of bias in adolescents. Journal of Adolescent Health, 37(5), 371–375.
13. Felts, W. M., Parrillo, A. V., Chenier, T., & Dunn, P. (1996). Adolescents’ perceptions of relative weight and self-reported weight-loss activities: analysis of 1990 YRBS (Youth Risk Behavior Survey) nationaldata. Journal of Adolescent Health, 18(1), 20-26.
14. Foti, K., & Lowry, R. (2010). Trends in perceived overweight status among overweight and non-overweight adolescents. Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, 164(7), 636-636 642.
15. Fryar, C. D., Carroll, M. D., & Ogden, C. (2012). Prevalence of obesity among children and adolescents: United States, trends 1963–1965 through 2009–2010. National Center for Health Statistics, Health E-state, 1-6.
16. Glauert, R., Rhodes, G., Byrne, S. F., B., & Grammer, K. (2009). Body dissatisfaction andthe effects of perceptual exposure on body norms and ideals. International Journal of Eating Disorders, 42(5), 443–452.
17. Grogan, S. (2006). Body image and health: contemporary perspectives. Journal of Health Psychology, 11(4), 523-530.
18. Hart, E. A., Leary, M. R., & Rejeski, W. J. (1989). The measurement of social physique anxiety. Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology, 11, 94-104.
19. Hayes, S. C., Pistorello, J., & Levin, M. E. (2012). Acceptance and commitment therapy as a unified model of behavior change. The Counseling Psychologist, 40(7), 976-1002.
20. Hesketh, K., Wake, M., & Waters, E. (2004). Body mass index and parent-reported self-esteem in elementary school children Evidence for acausal relationship. International Journal of Obesity and Related Metabolic Disorder, 28(10), 1233–1237.
21. Ichinohe, M., Mita, R., Saito, K., Shinka, H., Nakaji, S., Coombs, M., . . . Fuller, E. L. (2005). The prevalence of obesity and its relationship with lifestyle factors in Jamaica. The Tohoku Journal of Experimental Medicine, 207(1), 21-32.
22. Izaadi, A., Karimi, J., & Rahmani, M. (2013). Psychometric analysis of persian version of body image flexibility questionnaire (BI-AAQ) among university students. Hayat, 19(3), 56-69. In Persian
23. Kelly, C,A; Vimalakanthan, K; Miller, E,K.(2014) Self-compassion moderates the relationship between body mass index and both eating disorder pathology and body image flexibility, Body Image, (11), 446-453
24. Khan, A. M., Khalid, S., Khan, H. I., & Jabeen, M. (2011). Impact of Today’s Media on University Student’s Body Image in Pakistan: a Conservative, Developing Country’s Perspective. BMC Public Health, 11, 379.
25. Leary, M. R., Tate, E. B., Adams, C. E., Allen, A. B., & Hancock, J. (2007). Self-compassion and reactions to unpleasant self-relevant events: The implications of treating oneself kindly. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 92, 887–904
26. Lee, E. B., Smith, B. M., Twohig, M. P., Lensegrav-Benson, T., & Roberts, B. (2017). Assessment of the body image-acceptance and action questionnaire in a female residential eating disorder treatment facility. Journal of Contextual Behavioral Science, 6, 21-28.
27. MacNeill, L. P., & Best, L. A. (2015). Perceived current and ideal body size in female undergraduates. Eating Behaviors, 18, 71-75.
28. Maruf, F., Akinpelu, A. O., & Nwankwo, M. J. (2012). Perceived body image and weight: discrepancies and gender differences among University undergraduates. African Health Sciences, 12(4), 464-472.
29. Mi Shin, S. (2017). Agreement Between Actual and Perceived Body Weight in Adolescents and Their Weight Control Behaviors. Journal of Obesity & Metabolic Syndrome, 26, 138-146.
30. Mills, J. F., Jadd, R., & Key, B. L. (2012). Wanting a body that’s better than average: The effect of manipulated body norms on ideal body size perception. Body Image, 9(3), 365– 372.
31. Mohammadpour, N., Pour Mohammad, R., AlizadehAghdam, M. B., & Abbaszadeh, M. (2014). A sociological study or the effect of western values and mass media on body image (The case of 15-and-above years old women in Tabriz). Journal of Applied Sociology, 25(1), 85-100. In Persian
32. Neagu, A. (2015). Body Image: A Theoretical Frmework. Anthropology, 17(1), 29-38.
33. Neumark-Sztainer, D., Wall, M., Eisenberg, M. E., Story, M., & Hannan, P. J. (2006). Overweight status and weight control behaviors in adolescents: longitudinal and secular trends from 1999 to 2004. Preventive Medicine, 43(1), 53-59.
34. Ogden, L., Carroll, M. D., Kit, B. K., & Flegal, K. M. (2014). Prevalence of childhood and adult obesity in the United States 2011–2012. The Journal of the American Medical Association, 311(8), 806-814.
35. Payne , V. G., & Isaacs, D. L. (2005). Human Motor Development: A Lifespan Approach. Boston: McGraw-Hill.
36. Pellizer, M. L., Waller, G., & Wade, T. (2018). Body image flexibility: A predictor and moderator of outcome in transdiagnostic outpatient eating disorder treatment. The International Journal of Eating Disorder, 51, 368-372.
37. Peterson, C. M. (2007). Body Image in Men: Drive for Muscularity and social Influences, Body Image Evaluation and Investment and psychological well Being. (Phd), University of Saskatchewan,, Saskatoon.
38. Pfister, G., With-Nielsen, N., & Lenneis, V. (2017). Health discourses, slimness ideals, and attitudes to physical activities Perspectives of young women in Denmark. German Journal of Exercise and Sport Research, 47(1), 15-24.
39. Qaderzadeh, O., & Hosseini, S. C. (2015). Women's sports and its meaningful implications. Women in Development and Politics, 13(3), 309-334. In Persian
40. Rogers, B, C; Webb, B, J; Jafari, N.(2018). A systematic review of the roles of body image flexibility as correlate, moderator, mediator, and in intervention science (2011–2018), Body Image, 27, 43-60
41. Sandoz, E. K., Wilson, K. G., Merwin, R. M., & Kate Kellum, K. (2013). Assessment of body image flexibility: The body image-acceptance and action questionnaire. Journal of Contexual Behavioral Science, 1-2(2), 39-48.
42. Slade, P. D. (1994). What is body image? Behavior Research and Therapy, 32, 497–502.
43. Smith, A. l. (2004). Measurment of social physique anxiety in early adolescence. Medicine and Science in Sport and Exercise, 36(3), 475- 483.
44. Smith, D. E., & Cogswell, C. (1994). A cross-cultural perspective on adolescent girls’ body perception. Perceptual and Motor Skills, 78(3), 744–746.
45. Smolak, L., & Stien, J. A. (2006). The Relationship of Drive for Muscularity to Sociocultural Factors, Self – Esteem Physical Attributes Gender Role and Social Comparison in Midll School Boys. Body Image, 3(2), 121-129.
46. Sparhawk, J. M. (2003). Body image and media, the media’s influence on body image. (MSD), University of Wisconsin-, Stout.
47. Stanhope , M., & Lancaster, J. (2000). Community and public health nursing. St Louis: C.V: Mosby Co.
48. Stock, C., Kücük, N., Miseviciene, I., Petkeviciene, J., & Krämer, A. (2004). Misperceptions of body weight among university students from Germany and Lithuania. Health Education, 104(2), 113–121.
49. Stunkard, A. J., Sorenson, T., & Schulsinger, F. (1983). Use of the Danish adoption register for the study of obesity and thinness. Research Publications-Association for Research in Nervous and Mental Disease, 60, 115-120.
50. Talamayan, K. S., Springer, A. E., Kelder, S. H., Gorospe, E. C., & Joye, K. A. (2006). Prevalence of overweight misperception and weight control behaviors among normal weight adolescents in the United States. Scientific World Journal, 6, 365-373.
51. Tan,W; Holt,N; Krug, I; Ling,M; Klettke,B; Linardon,J et al .(2019).Trait body image flexibility as a predictor of body image states in everyday life of young Australian women, Body Image, (30), 212-220
52. Timko, C. A., Juarascio, A. S., Martin, L. M., Faherty, A., & Kalodner, C. (2014). Body image avoidance: An under-explored yet important factor in the relationship between body image dissatisfaction and disordered eating. Journal of Contextual Behavioral Science, 3, 203-211.
53. Van den Berg, P., Thompson, J. K., Obremski-Brandon, K., & Coovert, M. (2002). The Tripartite Influence Model of Body Image and Eating Disturbance: A Covariance Structure Modeling Investigation Testing the Mediational Role of Appearance Comparison. Journal of PsychosomaticResearch, 53(5), 1007–1020.
54. Van Voderen, K. E., & Kinnally, W. (2012). Media Effects on Body Image: Examining Media Exposure in the Broader Context of Internal and other Social Factors. American Communication Journal, 14(2), 41-57.
55. Wall, M., Guo, G., Neumark, S. D., Paxton, S. J., & Keery, H. (2007). Body Dissatisfaction and Body Comparison with Media Images in Males and Females. Body Image, 4(3), 257-268.
56. Wang, Y., Monteiro, C., & Popkin, B. M. (2002). Trends of obesity an underweight in older children and adolescents in the United States, Brazil, China and Russia. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 75(6), 97–107.
57. Wang, Y., & Wang, J., Q. . (2002). A comparison of international references for the assessment of child and adolescent overweight and obesity in different populations. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 56(10), 973-982.
58. Wardle, J., Haase, A. M., & Steptoe, A. (2006). Body image and weight control in young adults: International comparisons in university students from 22 countries. International Journal of Obesity and Related Metabolic Disorder, 30(4), 644–651.
59. Webb, J. B., Butler-Ajibade, P., & Robinson, S. A. (2014). Considering an affect regulation framework for examining the association between body dissatisfaction and positive body image in Black older adolescent females: Does body mass index matter? Body Image, 11, 426-437.
60. Webb, J. B., Wood-Barcalow, N. L., & Tylka, T. L. (2015). Assessing positive body image: Contemporary approaches and future directions. Body Image, 14, 130-145.
61. Weinberg, R. S., & Gould, D. (2019). Foundations of sport and exercise psychology. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
62. Yazdkhasti, B., Babaei, J., & Dashti, Z. (2012). Encoding the female body at the work place. Quarterly Journal of Women's Studies Sociological and Psychological, 10(3), 7-38. In Persian