1. Ayala, E. E., Waniger, K. J., Faulkner, K. P., & Riley-Schmida, A. (2020). Experiences That Affect Participation of Women and Gender Diverse Athletes in Competitive Cycling. Journal of Outdoor Recreation, Education, and Leadership, 12(1).
2. Bell, D. R., Post, E. G., Trigsted, S. M., Schaefer, D. A., Miller, M. C., Green, N., ... & Brooks, M. A. (2017). Sport Participation Characteristics Between Suburban and Rural High School Athletes. Journal of Athletic Training, 52(6), S268.
3. Blumstein, D. T., Ebensperger, L., Hayes, L., Vásquez, R. A., Ahern, T. H., Burger, J. R., ... & Herrera, E. A. (2010). Towards an integrative understanding of social behavior: new models and new opportunities. Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience, 4, 34: 1-9.
4. Bruner, M. W., Boardley, I. D., Benson, A. J., Wilson, K. S., Root, Z., Turnnidge, J., ... & Côté, J. (2018). Disentangling the relations between social identity and prosocial and antisocial behavior in competitive youth sport. Journal of youth and adolescence, 47(5), 1113-1127.
5. Bruner, M. W., Boardley, I. D., & Côté, J. (2014). Social identity and prosocial and antisocial behavior in youth sport. Psychology of sport and exercise, 15(1), 56-64.
6. Cheon, S. H., Reeve, J., & Ntoumanis, N. (2018). A needs-supportive intervention to help PE teachers enhance students' prosocial behavior and diminish antisocial behavior. Psychology of Sport and Exercise, 35, 74-88.
7. Darcy, S., Lock, D., & Taylor, T. (2017). Enabling inclusive sport participation: Effects of disability and support needs on constraints to sport participation. Leisure Sciences, 39(1), 20-41.
8. DeWall, C. N., Baumeister, R. F., Chester, D. S., & Bushman, B. J. (2016). How often does currently felt emotion predict social behavior and judgment? A meta-analytic test of two theories. Emotion Review, 8(2), 136-143.
9. Eime, R. M., Young, J. A., Harvey, J. T., Charity, M. J., & Payne, W. R. (2013). A systematic review of the psychological and social benefits of participation in sport for children and adolescents: informing development of a conceptual model of health through sport. International journal of behavioral nutrition and physical activity, 10(1), 98.
10. Fabes, R. A., Carlo, G., Kupanoff, K., & Laible, D. (1999). Early adolescence and prosocial/moral behavior I: The role of individual processes. The Journal of Early Adolescence, 19(1), 5-16.
11. Geber, S., & Hefner, D. (2019). Social norms as communicative phenomena: A communication perspective on the theory of normative social behavior. SCM Studies in Communication and Media, 8(1), 6-28.
12. Glanz, K., Rimer, B. K., & Viswanath, K. (Eds.). (2008). Health behavior and health education: theory, research, and practice. John Wiley & Sons.
13. Greene, R. R. (2017). Human behavior theory, person-in-environment, and social work method. In Human behavior theory and social work practice. Routledge.1-30.
14. Harrison, P. A., & Narayan, G. (2003). Differences in behavior, psychological factors, and environmental factors associated with participation in school sports and other activities in adolescence. Journal of school health, 73(3), 113-120.
15. Hastie, P. A., & Sharpe, T. (1999). Effects of a sport education curriculum on the positive social behavior of at-risk rural adolescent boys. Journal of education for students placed at risk, 4(4), 417-430.
16. Henningsen, M. L. M., & Henningsen, D. D. (2020). Cheating, Pluralistic Ignorance, and the Theory of Normative Social Behavior. Southern Communication Journal, 85(1), 16-27.
17. Khezerlo, Gh; Molayi, F. & Tayefnia, M. (2016). The Role of Favorable Social Behavior in the Promotion of Social Capital Structures, First National Conference on Sustainable Good (Study and Evaluation of Good Affairs in Iran), Alaa Leadership Charity Foundation, 1-10.
18. Penner, L. A., Dovidio, J. F., Piliavin, J. A., & Schroeder, D. A. (2005). Prosocial behavior: Multilevel perspectives. Annu. Rev. Psychol., 56, 365-392.
19. Reece, L. J., McInerney, C., Blazek, K., Foley, B. C., Schmutz, L., Bellew, B., & Bauman, A. E. (2020). Reducing financial barriers through the implementation of voucher incentives to promote children’s participation in community sport in Australia. BMC Public Health, 20(1), 1-7.
20. Rutten, E. A., Deković, M., Stams, G. J. J., Schuengel, C., Hoeksma, J. B., & Biesta, G. J. (2008). On-and off-field antisocial and prosocial behavior in adolescent soccer players: A multilevel study. Journal of adolescence, 31(3), 371-387.
21. Rutten, E. A., Stams, G. J. J., Biesta, G. J., Schuengel, C., Dirks, E., & Hoeksma, J. B. (2007). The contribution of organized youth sport to antisocial and prosocial behavior in adolescent athletes. Journal of youth and adolescence, 36(3), 255-264.
22. Scheerder, A. W., & Claes, E. (2017). Sport policy systems and sport federations. A cross-national perspective, 263-282.
23. Sousa-Mast, F. R. D., Reis, A. C., & Puhse, U. (2017). Politics and the democratization of sport: discussing the sport participation legacy of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. Mega Events Footprints: Past, Present and Future= As Pegadas dos Megaeventos Esportivos: Passado, Presene e Futuro, 748-768.
24. Strandbu, Å., Bakken, A., & Sletten, M. A. (2019). Exploring the minority–majority gap in sport participation: different patterns for boys and girls?. Sport in Society, 22(4), 606-624.
25. St Quinton, T., Brunton, J., Morris, B., Barwood, M., & Conner, M. (2018). Promoting sports participation in the united kingdom; a theory-based approach. Journal of Exercise, Movement, and Sport (SCAPPS refereed abstracts repository), 50(1), 303-303.
26. Trigueros, R., Alias, A., Gallardo, A. M., García-Tascón, M., & Aguilar-Parra, J. M. (2020). Validation and Adaptation of the Prosocial and Antisocial Behavior in Sport Scale to the Spanish context of Physical Education. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 17(2), 477.
27. Xu, Z., Shan, J., Li, J., & Zhang, W. (2020). Extending the theory of planned behavior to predict public participation behavior in air pollution control: Beijing, China. Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, 63(4), 669-688.
28. Widdop, P., King, N., Parnell, D., Cutts, D., & Millward, P. (2018). Austerity, policy and sport participation in England. International journal of sport policy and politics, 10(1), 7-24.
29. Wiese-Bjornstal, D. M., LaVoi, N. M., & Omli, J. (2009). development and sport participation. Handbook of Sports Medicine and Science, Sport Psychology, 97.
30. Zhang, R., Zhang, C. Q., Wan, K., Hou, Y. S., & Rhodes, R. E. (2020). Integrating perceptions of the school neighbourhood environment with constructs from the theory of planned behaviour when predicting transport-related cycling among Chinese college students. European journal of sport science, 1-10.