1. Gutin, B., & Di Gennaro, J. (1968). Effect of a treadmill run to exhaustion on performance of long addition. Research Quarterly. American Association for Health, Physical Education and Recreation, 39(4), 958-964.
2. Davey, C. P. (1973). Physical exertion and mental performance. Ergonomics, 16(5), 595-599.
3. McMorris, T., & Hale, B. J. (2012). Differential effects of differing intensities of acute exercise on speed and accuracy of cognition: A meta-analytical investigation. Brain and Cognition, 80(3), 338-351.
4. MacMahon, C., Baker, J., & Farrow, D. (2013). Developing sport expertise: Researchers and coaches put theory into practice. London: Routledge.
5. Rulence-Pâques P., Fruchart E., Dru V., & Mullet, E. (2005). Decision-making in soccer game: A developmental perspective. European Review of Applied Psychology, 55(2), 131-136.
6. Andersson, P., Ayton, P., & Schmidt, C. (2008). Myth and facts about football: The economics and psychology of the world’s greatest sport. London: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
7. Vestberg, T., Gustafson, R., Maurex, L., Ingvar, M., & Petrovic, P. (2012). Executive functions predict the success of top-soccer players. PLoS ONE, 7(4), e34731.
8. Elferink-Gemser, M. T., Kannekens, R., Huijgen, B., Tromp, Y., Jonker, L., Toering, T., & Visscher, C. (2016). Reading and writing the game: Tactical skills in team sports. In (Eds.), Youth sports: Growth, maturation and talent (pp. 150-152). Amesterdam: Edicao Publishing.
9. Roca, A., Ford, P. R., McRobert, A. P., & Williams, A. M. (2011). Identifying the processes underpinning anticipation and decision-making in a dynamic time-constrained task. Cognitive Processing, 12(3), 301-310.
10. Stevens, C., Winskel, H., Howell, C., Vidal, L. M., Latimer, C., & Milne-Home, J. (2010). Perceiving dance schematic expectations guide experts' scanning of a contemporary dance film. Journal of Dance Medicine & Science, 14(1), 19-25.
11. Williams, A. M., & Davids, K. (1998). Visual search strategy, selective attention, and expertise in soccer. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 69(2), 111-128.
12. Mekari, S., Fraser, S., Bosquet, L., Bonnéry, C., Labelle, V., Pouliot, P., & Bherer, L. (2015). The relationship between exercise intensity, cerebral oxygenation and cognitive performance in young adults. European Journal of Applied Physiology, 115(10), 2189-2197.
13. McRobert, A. P., Ward, P., Eccles, D. W., & Williams, A. M. (2011). The effect of manipulating context specific information on perceptual–cognitive processes during a simulated anticipation task. British Journal of Psychology, 102(3), 519-534.
14. Raab Markus, & Johnson, J. G. (2004). Individual differences of action orientation for risk-taking in sports. Research Quarterly for exercise and sport, 75(3), 326-336.
15. Gutnik, L. A., Hakimzada, A. F., Yoskowitz, N. A., & Patel, V. L. (2006). The role of emotion in decision-making: A cognitive neuroeconomic approach towards understanding sexual risk behavior. Journal of Biomedical Informatics, 39(6), 720-736.
16. Picton, T. W. (1992). The P300 wave of the human event-related potential. Journal of Clinical Neurophysiology, 9(4), 456-479.
17. Zoudji, B., & Thon, B. (2003). Expertise and implicit memory: Differential repetition-priming effects on decision-making in experienced and non-experienced soccer players. International Journal of Sport Psychology, 34(3), 189–207.
18. Landers, D. (1980). The arousal-performance relationship revisited. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 51(1), 77-90.
19. Yaaron, M., Tenenbaum, G., Zakay, D., & Bar-Eli, M. (1997). The relationship between age and level of skill and decision making in basketball. In R. Lido, & M. Bar-Eli (Eds.), Innovations in sport psychology: Linking theory and practice (Netanya, Wingate Institute for Physical Education and Sport) (pp. 768–770), London: Rutledge.
20. Nielsen, T., & McPherson, S. L. (2001). Response selection and execution skills of professionals and novices during singles tennis competition. Perceptual and Motor Skills, 93, 541-555.
21. Schmidt, R. A., & Wrisberg, C. A. (2008). Motor learning and performance: A situation-based learning approach. New york: Human Kinetics.
22. Schmidt, R. A., Lee, T., Winstein, C., Wulf, G., & Zelaznik, H. (2018). Motor control and learning (6th ed.). New york: Human kinetics.
23. Araujo, D., Davids, K. W., Chow, J. Y., Passos, P., & Raab, M. (2009). The development of decision making skill in sport: An ecological dynamics perspective. In Perspectives on cognition and action in sport (pp. 157-169). London: Nova Science Publishers, Inc.
24. Araújo, D., Davids, K., & Passos, P. (2007). ecological validity, representative design and correspondence between experimental task constraints and behavioral settings. Ecological Psychology, 19(1), 69-78.
25. Zoudji, B., Thon, B., & Debu, B. (2010). Efficiency of the mnemonic system of expert soccer players under overload of the working memory in a simulated decision-making task. Psychology of Sport and Exercise, 11, 18–26.
26. Davids, K., & Araújo, D. (2010). The concept of ‘organismic asymmetry’in sport science. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport, 13(6), 633-640.
27. Fontana, F. E. (2004). The development of a decision making instrument for soccer. (Unpublished master’s thesis). University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
28. Bangsbo, J., Mohr, M., & Krustrup, P. (2006). Physical and metabolic demands of training and match-play in the elite football player. Journal of Sports Sciences, 24(07), 665-674.
29. Chaouachi, A., Manzi, V., Wong, D. P., Chaalali, A., Laurencelle, L., Chamari, K., & Castagna, C. (2010). Intermittent endurance and repeated sprint ability in soccer players. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research, 24(10), 2663-2669.
30. Memmert, D. (2010). Testing of tactical performance in youth elite soccer. Journal of Sports Science & Medicine, 9(2), 199.
31. Schmidt, R. A. (1975). A schema theory of discrete motor skill learning. Psychological Review, 82, 225-260.