1. Morgan K, Uyuni A, Nandgiri G, Mao L, Castaneda L, Kathirvel E, et al. Altered expression of transcription factors and genes regulating lipogenesis in liver and adipose tissue of mice with high fat diet-induced obesity and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2008; 20(9): 843-54.
2. Mack C, Hoyt J, Moore C, Jodka C, Sams-Dodd F. Sustained reduction in food intake and body weight in high-fat-fed rats during 28-day amylin infusion. Diabetes. 2003; 52 (suppl. 1), A389.
3. Baran K, Preston E, Wilks D, Cooney G J, Kraegen E W, Sainsbury A. Chronic central melanocortin-4 receptor antagonism and central neuropeptide- Y infusion in rats produce increased adiposity by divergent pathways. Diabetes. 2002 ; 51 (1): 152–8.
4. Lutz T A. The interaction of amylin with other hormones in the control of eating. Diabetes Obes Metab. 2013; 15(2): 99-111.
5. Eiden S, Daniel C, Steinbrueck A, Schmidt I, Simon E. Salmon calcitonin–a potent inhibitor of food intake in states of impaired leptin signaling in laboratory rodents. J Physiol. 2002; 15; 541(pt3): 1041–8.
6. Rushing PA, Hagan M M, Seeley R J, Lutz T A, Woods S C. Amylin: A novel action in the brain to reduce body weight. Endocrinology. 2000; 141(2): 850–3.
7. Roth G D, Trevaskis J L, Wilson J, Lei C, Athanacio J, Mack C, et al. Ant obesity effects of the b-cell hormone amylin in combination with phentermine or sibutramine in diet-induced obese rats. International Journal of Obesity. 2008; 32 (8): 1201–10.
8. Lutz T A. Effects of amylin on eating and adiposity. Handb Exp Pharmacol. 2012; (209): 231-50.
9. Arnelo U, Reidelberger R, Adrian T E, Larsson J, Permert J. Sufficiency of postprandial plasma levels of islet amyloid polypeptide for suppression of feeding in rats. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol.1998; 275: 1537–42.
10. Guidobono F, Coluzzi M, Pagani F, Pecile A, Netti C. Amylin given by central and peripheral routes inhibits acid gastric secretion. Peptides. 1994;15 (4): 699–702.
11. Rushing P A, Hagan M M, Seeley R J, Lutz T A, Woods S C. Amylin: A novel action in the brain to reduce body weight. Endocrinology.2000;141(2): 850–3.
12. Reinehr T, de Sousa G, Niklowitz P, Roth C L. Amylin and its relation to insulin and lipids in obese children before and after weight loss. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2007; 15(8): 2006-11.
13. Reda T K, Geliebter A, Pi-Sunyer F X. Amylin, food intake, and obesity. Obes Res. 2002; 10 (10): 1087–91.
14. Young A, Denaro M. Roles of amylin in diabetes and in regulation of nutrient load. Nutrition. 1998; 14(6): 524–7.
15. Smith D, Mamo J C. Islet amyloid polypeptide (amylin) modulates chylomicron metabolism in rats. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol.2000; 27(5-6): 345–51.
16. Mather KJ, Paradisi G, Leaming R, Hook G, Steinberg HO, Fineberg N, et al. Role of amylin in insulin secretion and action in humans: antagonist studies across the spectrum of insulin sensitivity. Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2002; 18(2): 118 –26.
17. Roberts C K, Izadpanah A, Angadi S S, Barnard R J. Effects of an intensive short-term diet and exercise intervention: Comparison between normal-weight and obese children. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2013; 305(5): 552-7.
18. Croymans D M, Paparisto E, Lee M M, Brandt N, Le B K, Lohan D, et al. Resistance training improves indices of muscle insulin sensitivity and β-cell function in overweight/obese, sedentary young men. J Appl Physiol. 2013;115(9): 1245-53
19. Boyle C N, Rossier M M, Lutz T A. Influence of high-fat feeding, diet-induced obesity, and hyperamylinemia on the sensitivity to acute amylin. Physiol Behav. 2011;104(1): 20-8.
20. Roth J D. Amylin and the regulation of appetite and adiposity: Recent advances in receptor signaling, neurobiology and pharmacology. Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes. 2013; 20(1): 8-13.
21. Miegueu P, St-Pierre D H, Munkonda M N, Lapointe M, Cianflone K. Amylin stimulates fatty acid esterification in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2013; 366(1): 99-107.
22. Trevaskis J L, Coffey T, Cole R, Lei C, Wittmer C, Walsh B, et al. Amylin-mediated restoration of leptin responsiveness in diet-induced obesity: Magnitude and mechanisms. Endocrinology. 2008; 149(11): 5679-87.
23. Mack C, Wilson J, Athanacio J, Reynolds J, Laugero K, Guss S, et al. Pharmacological actions of the peptide hormone amylin in the long-term regulation of food intake, food preference, and body weight. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2007; 293(5): 1855–63.
24. Trevaskis J L, Coffey T, Cole R, Lei C, Wittmer C, Walsh B, et al. Amylin-mediated restoration of leptin responsiveness in diet-induced obesity: Magnitude and mechanisms. Endocrinology. 2008; 149(11): 5679-87.
25. Young A, Denaro M. Roles of amylin in diabetes and in regulation of nutrient load. Nutrition. 1998; 14(6): 524–7.
26. Boyle C N, Christina N, Mélanie M. Rossier, Thomas A. Lutz. Influence of high-fat feeding, diet-induced obesity, and hyperamylinemia on the sensitivity to acute amylin. Physiology & Behavior. 2011;104(1): 20–28.
27. Lee M O. Determination of the surface area of the white rat with its application to the expression of metabolic results. Am J Physio. 1929; 89: 24–33.
28. El-Rasheidy O F, Amin D A, Ahmed H A, El Masry H, Montaser Z M. Amylin level and gastric emptying in obese children: Before and after weight loss. J Egypt Soc Parasitol. 2012; 42(2): 431-42.
29. Hariri N, Thibault L. High-fat diet-induced obesity in animal models. Nutrition Research Reviews. 2010; 23(2): 270–99.
30. Ye JM, Lim-Fraser M, Cooney GJ, Cooper GJ, Iglesias MA, Watson DG, et al. Evidence that amylin stimulates lipolysis in vivo: A possible mediator of induced insulin resistance. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab.2001; 280(4): 562–9.